[olug] not again... :(

Adam Lassek alassek at techie.com
Thu May 3 05:26:58 UTC 2001

Well, since my install of Debian Potato was really broken, I installed
Progeny on my system, and now I'm having yet another problem with pppd...
this time it's something else, though. It has the same symptoms, it connects
and then drops the connection a second later, but auth is not turned on like
last time. Also unlike last time, it's dying with error code 4, which
apparently means I don't have ppp support in my kernel. The thing is, I
compiled 2.4.3 and specifically added ppp support into it. The ppp package
installed is the latest version also. I checked /var/log/daemon.log, and I
believe this message is from pppd:

Apr 30 00:02:18 riff modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-108

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I am forced to use the
Internet through Windows. It's already starting to get on my nerves :)

echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sb20293A2058554E494Csn lbxq'|dc
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com