[olug] Bootup mesage

mesc mescie at home.com
Mon Mar 26 00:17:43 UTC 2001

I removed xdm curing the changing of my /etc/inittab file and I was
hoping it would cure another bootup problem of mine too  but it
didn't.Once debian boots up and I login with root it says Bootup still
in progress-Please wait....then I give my root  password and it lets me
in but when I go to login as a user it takes my username ok but when I
enter my username password it says invalid login. What could be wrong
here?,I've been scratching myhead over this problem for 5 days.

		Thank you,Gary Martin

P.S. xdm wouldn't even let me log in as root if that helps.