[olug] mandrake firewall

dbw lug at robotz.com
Thu Mar 29 00:54:41 UTC 2001

Iptables, the ipchains replacement, includes improved support for
NAT and firewalling and is quite powerful yet very flexible. It even
includes compatibility modes for older schemes.

If you are using kernel 2.4 this explains why your ipchains can not
be found.

Ipfwadm with Kernel 2.0.x
Ipchains with Kernel 2.2.x
Iptables with Kernel 2.4.x

See the LDP Iptables howto (olug has it mirrored).

-Derek

At Wednesday, 28 March 2001, you wrote:

>I just overwrote my /etc/rc.d.rc.firewall file with the rc.firewall
I've

____   / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /     lug at robotz.com    ___