[olug] mail

mesc mescie at home.com
Wed Mar 28 19:39:26 UTC 2001

I'm having problems recieving mail in debian.During the install of it it
asked me questions to configure exim.I must not have answered them right
because I can't recieve my test e mails in debian but when I boot into
mandrake and check my mail they download.At first I could't send mail in
debian either till I started messing with /etc/exim.conf (after backing
it up first)and entered omhan1.ne.home.com (my domain) in one of it's
lines.Is there any exim users out there who could tell me if I'm on the
right track?I also checked /var/log/messages  for any clues as to what's
happening and here's what it said>>
Mar 28 09:38:01 omhan1 /USR/SBIN/CRON[304]: (mail) CMD (  if [ -x
/usr/sbin/exim
 -a -f /etc/exim.conf ]; then /usr/sbin/exim -q >/dev/null 2>&1;
fi)..after looking at this it appears my mail is sent to /dev/null in
debian,am I even close ? :)

			Thank you,Gary Martin