[olug] Solved the DHCP Problem... But...

Jason Ferguson jferguson3 at home.com
Sat Mar 24 22:00:01 UTC 2001

Okay, I solved the problem with DHCP. Woo-hoo. Thanks for all the help.
It turned out that the thing wanted to use eth1 for external, eth0 for
internal. Dont ask me why it made a difference, but it did.

Now, next problem. Routing. I suck at using the route command. Anyhow,
this is what my routing table looks like:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway        Genmask        ...    Iface
192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0            0.0.0.0                    eth1
192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0            0.0.0.0                    eth0

Now, I _think_ I see a minor problem here. First, how do I get rid of
the eth1 one? All internal traffic (192.16.8.1.x) should go through eth0.

Second, what would the syntax be to add a default gateway to go to eth1
(and, hence, out the external interface)?

Thanks for all the help, everyone.  Im almost there.

Jason
El Vice Presidente

--
"That as we enjoy great advantages from others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously." - Benjamin Franklin, 1742,