[olug] cdrom

Adam Lassek alassek at techie.com
Fri Mar 23 15:26:53 UTC 2001

The exact error I get from mount is that /dev/hdc isn't a valid block
device. When I page through dmesg's output, I see that the kernel says it
doesn't have a driver. The drive works fine in Windows, so I didn't do
something stupid. Also, I have another cd drive, a cd-r, on the same ide bus
at /dev/hdd and it works fine. So it's not a controller issue. I'm really
stumped here; what drivers do you load for an IDE atapi cdrom?