[olug] Intriguing random hangs!

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Fri Mar 23 04:31:08 UTC 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 10:03:43PM -0600, kaygee wrote:
> All,
> It's been an interesting week for my desktop box.  It started going
> downhill when I added a stick of PC100 128M to my box running FreeBSD.
<snip>

If you bought the memory locally take it back.  Have them put it on a
memory tester and or exchange it.  Software mem testers are unreliable.
I would say for every 20 to 30 sticks I buy at work one is bad.  It
isn't that uncommon.  Stick your old memory back in or grab some out of
a different computer.  If your computer smoothes out you'll know the
memory was more than likely bad.  There really isn't any reason to
continue wasting your time "testing" it at home.
hth,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted