[olug] apt-get question

Mike McNally mmcnally3 at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 19 02:17:43 UTC 2001

Question re System.map.  I found a post on the net stating that you need
to take the System.map from the /usr/src/linux directory and put it in
/boot just like you do with the kernel image.  But I see no note of a
need to do this in the README in the /usr/src/linux directory, nor any
mention of need to do this in the modules.txt file in the Documentation
dir of the src dir.  So does make bzImage, or make config, alter the
System.map?

Oh, and thanks for all the good suggestions, phil ktb et al.  I appreciate
it.

Mike McNally		mmcnally3 at prodigy.net