[olug] LAN Connectivity

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Tue Jun 26 01:41:07 UTC 2001

as I see it you are trying to connect the redhat and the ME box to each
other, but not the redhat machine to the internet

add a 2nd network card to your windows machine
assign 192.168.1.3 to it
connect the 2nd network card to your internal hub (the one the redhat box is
connected to now) and disconnect the uplink cable

or, if you are trying to connect both to the internet,
add the 2nd network card to the redhat box.
set the external card on the redhat box to use dhcp and to send your cx
number as the hostname
the external card can be connected directly to the cable modem with a
crossover cable or connected to your external hub and that connected to the
cable modem via the uplink port
set the internal card to 192.168.1.1

connect your windows machine to the internal hub and set it's IP to
192.168.1.2, netmask to 255.255.255.0, dns to @home's DNS address, default
gateway to 192.168.1.1

configure IPMasq on the redhat machine (look on the internet for help files
on this)
and you're ready to go.