[olug] Advocacy Idea

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Sun Jun 17 21:05:35 UTC 2001

This is an excellent idea, now we just need someone to run with the
idea, if we can somehow pool in cd media, and have that distributed for
burning to people ( I am sure most of us have a cd-r ) I/we can start
work on an olug ISO, with that said.. This question always comes up...
What distro? ;-) I suggest we do a live-cd like slackware used to do and
setup some olug things, like X backdrop being our olug picture! This
sounds like fun, I am totally on board for something like that. However,
just a plain disto cd would be cool too, and If we use a rpm based
distro, I will whip up a olug.rpm that customizes some stuff like
netscape/konquer/gnome web browser home page to point to our site...
Etc.. Cd media is getting very cheap as well, this may be good timing.