[olug] FW: SANS User Group Meeting/Location

Schmeits, Roger schmeits at clarksoncollege.edu
Fri Jun 15 21:40:00 UTC 2001

And another.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Elfering [mailto:elfering at wernerlogistics.com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 3:07 PM
To: 'sansug at aroundomaha.com'
Subject: SANS User Group Meeting/Location

Its not too fancy, but I've setup a web page with information about the
Omaha area SANS User Group and the meeting coming up this Thursday, June 21
at 7PM.

http://www.aroundomaha.com/sansug/

The web page has a little overview of SANSUG, directions to the meeting and
a short agenda schedule.

Please forward this on to anyone you think is interested in learning more
about network security and in teaching others their good practices.

One thing I'd like to put forward is that Stephen Northcutt of SANS had
asked early on if the SANSUG might be interested in becoming a watch-group
for their Internet "Storm Watch - www.incidents.org". This is an effort to
gather and publish current trends in Internet attacks. If there is an
interest, we could begin to think of a framework system for SANSUG use.

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions and I hope to meet
everyone there!

Regards,

Dave Elfering
Network Security Manager - Werner Enterprises
elfering at wernerlogistics.com
(402) 894-3617