[olug] Help w/X CD Roast

CM Miller cmmiller73 at juno.com
Thu Jun 7 12:54:14 UTC 2001

Having trouble w/X CD Roast 0.96ex using SuSE 7.0 .  I've consulted there
support database but I haven't found any information pertaining to what my
problem is.

Trying to burn data to a HP 9500 Series 12x8x32 Internal IDE.
I get two error messages.

-'No Generic SCSI Support has been detected.  Without it no SCSI Devices can
be detected or used by X-CD-Roast.  Please load the sg-module (eg "insmode
sg") or recompile your kernal with generic-SCSI-support.'

-'Configuration-file xcdroast.conf not found, please enter setup.'

Also, under the CD setup tab I am unable to select a CD Writer device.

any help with this matter will be great!

thanks,

-Chris Miller