[olug] Cygwin

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Thu Jul 19 03:37:26 UTC 2001

http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe

It is very much like the Internet Explorer / Netscape installer
applications where it walks you through either downloading and or
installing the software. I have used it for years, I just figured
everyone already knew about it ;-) I have used it quite a bit for
writing applications on winblows machines, as It basically mimic's every
POSIX semantic I would ever need, and the development environment it
what I am familiar with ;-) It is also great to use to simply run shell
scripts on your win box.