[olug] Ack! (And de-lurk)

foofish! patrick at novia.net
Tue Jul 17 23:53:08 UTC 2001

Mike Peterson wrote:

> Did you do an upgrade or a wipe clean and start fresh install?
> Did you format the drives on install?

I did a fresh install and formatted the drives. However, I now have
larger problems. I was running a diagnostic program on the computer (for
some reason, it *could* boot from a Windows bootdisk) and I left the
house. When I got back, I heard a horrible keening noise. I ran to the
room that the computer was in and the power light was blinking and the
computer was giving out this horrible death wail. So, I guess the power
supply or something died (at least, it's the most likely candidate, it's
10 years old and literally everything else has been replaced at least
once).
*sigh*

Mike
--