[olug] Cox at home

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 16:48:03 UTC 2001

My cable modem from RoadRunner/Time Warner in Lincoln is the same as on
the computers2go website.  It works great for me.  I just use the RJ-45
connector into my floppy firewall/DHCP server/router and out to my LAN.

I thought I was having some issues with linux and DHCP through the
cable modem, since my firewall still needs to use DHCP to get its IP.
It turned out that the cable modem locks on to the MAC address of the
card that is using it.  It won't let another card work with it until
the you shut the cable modem down for a few minutes and restart it.
Then it locks on to the first card that it connects to.  It only took
me a week or two to figure this out, but it wasn't a linux problem.

Eric

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/