[olug] eth0 troubles

bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Jul 5 21:28:50 UTC 2001

Right now I only have one card in the machine (NE2000).  I am considering
recompiling but since that is significant in time (make dep takes about 45
minutes) I'd rather avoid that unless I screwed something up with the
initial build.

My local guru advised me to compile the support in since I knew what I was
using.  Is there a downside to compiling it in?

Bill

                    Neal
                    Rauhauser            To:     olug at bstc.net
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    isptech              Subject:     Re: [olug] eth0 troubles

                    07/05/01
                    04:19 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    olug

    Are you using two of the same card type and trying to compile support
into
the kernel? My memory of linux is fading fast :-) but I recall having to
append something in lilo to get this to go - try making the support modular
and your problem may just go away.

For additional commands, e-mail: olug-help at bstc.net