[olug] lilo

Jon thechunk at thechunk.dhs.org
Mon Jul 2 03:59:20 UTC 2001

If you didn't make a boot disk for redhat you can usually fix the problme using the install cd.  It is ugly though.  Here is high level view.
boot install get into rescue mode or break out of install using alt f2 or whatever.  Get to a root prompt.  Mkae the device /dev/hda /dev/hda1 /dev/hda2 whatever up to what you need with mknod command.  I don't know all the parameters off the top of my head.
mount your redhat root /dev/hdax under the existing tree somewhere.  cd to that directory and use chroot program to run lilo from redhat install.
It is messy ugly and scary but I have successfully done it several times.  Good luck.