[olug] Instant messaging

Sam Deel sdeel at home.com
Wed Jan 31 21:21:23 UTC 2001

Mike,

Law of Threes?  PCs, I am wondering what 3 ways they change our lives?
I would put VisiClac and Wordprocessing 1 & 2.  After that, I suppose
interpreter Basic (although that may be a stretch).  If you accept that
stretch, I think distributed computing is the third area for the
internet.  Not just the web.  Sorry it doesn't come as a single app, but
a family of tools working together.  I was thinking of Java and XML,
platform independent programs and platform independent data.  Corba gets
you away from a specific language.

Sam