[olug] help! qmail is eating my brain

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Tue Jan 30 16:54:03 UTC 2001

There is a few different way's to do this, one is with qmail's built in
virtual-domain features:

create a user for each domain, then forward all the domain's email to the
user...
in "$QMAILROOT/control/virtualdomains " do something like this:
##############
pensat.com:penuser
blah.com:blahuser
##############

create each user ( penuser and blahuser ) and use .qmail-{EMAILADDRESS} to
deliver the email to the final destination, e.g.

in ~penuser/ , in a file named ".qmail-info" put:

A FORWARD:
#############
&someuser at somewhere.com

OR A Program
|/path/to/mail/program-parser

( see man dot-qmail for further info on .qmail files )

Or.....

you can get slick ( like me ;-) and use a bigger/better/badder - easier to
manage - kick-butt vhosting sollution like vpopmail...

http://www.inter7.com/