[olug] Instant messaging

Adam Haeder adamh at omaha.org
Tue Jan 30 13:19:05 UTC 2001

One of the big advantages I've seen to instant messaging is the ability to
see at a glance who's in front of their computer. We use icq pretty
extensively at my company, and a lot of times it's just to know where people
are. We have so many people working from home or on the road that it's a
nightmare trying to track someone down. I can't tell you the number of times
I've gotten into the office, moved my mouse and had my phone ring 5 seconds
later because my boss needs to talk to me and he saw that I'm online.

Adam