[olug] Call for Speakers

Jason Ferguson jferguson3 at home.com
Sat Jan 27 19:40:34 UTC 2001

Im looking for speakers for upcoming meetings to give a short (30
minutes or so) presentation to the group.  Any topic *NIX related
(programming, admin, etc) is welcome with coordination with myself or
Brian (we wont say no, but we have to plan the meetings and any
necessary facilities).  Keep in mind that we cant really afford to pay
speaker fees at this point, but we may be able to raise money in the
future for big name speakers (Stallman, Raymond, Perens, etc).

Here's an example of a the type of speaker Im looking for. I was off
buying a new hard drive today, and the guy in front of my in line was
discussing replacing lot of servers (NT mostly) with an IBM S/390
mainframe. I gave him the standard "check out or website" spiel, but if
I ever run across him again, Id ask if he would be willing to talk for a
bit. If you guys have heard any similar stories, lets try and see if
they are willing to talk.

Thanks,
Jason
El Vice Prisidente