[olug] Path statement

Klaruz pfiled at marietta.edu
Sat Jan 13 23:21:46 UTC 2001

I don't think you did anything different. The new distro you installed
probobly doesn't have /sbin and /usr/sbin in the path to keep yourself from
shooting a hole in your foot. The theory is, if we make you type /sbin/lilo
instead of lilo we make you think about it first. It's like how rm is set to
ask you if you're sure all the time if you're root. You can change all of
this by editing your rc files for your shell. I'm not sure if you're using
tcsh or bash or something else, so I'll leave that for another email

... Daniel Pfile ... pfiled at marietta.edu ...
... Support the ACLU, your lives depend on it: http://www.aclu.org
... 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press
... away from the Internet?' -Mike Godwin