[olug] ssh

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Fri Jan 12 19:42:14 UTC 2001

Since you are in control of both computers, go in to the one you are trying
to ssh into and change the logging level.  Put it up to "DEBUG" for a while
and see if you learn anything.  I don't know how yours is configured, but
my logging for sshd goes to /var/log/syslog.

Adam Lassek says:

> "Paul T. McNally" wrote:
>
> > 1/9/2001 12:56:28 AM, Adam Lassek <lunatik at radiks.net> wrote:
> >
> > >When I try to connect to a machine with ssh is asks me for a password,
> > >but it won't accept anything. I'm sure it's the correct password, but it
> > >tells me permission denied. I even tried connecting to localhost, but
> > >nothings working. What do I need to get this accepting connections?
> >
> > Is it your machine? What version of ssh is running on the host? What
> > are you using to ssh in?
> >
> > Paul
>
> I'm trying to ssh between two of my computers, which are running the same
> version of ssh.

Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/burchell/                  burchell at acm.org