[olug] module install

mesc mescie at home.com
Sat Jan 6 22:46:43 UTC 2001

I've compiled the new 2.4.0 kernel and all went without a hitch until I
ran make modules which basically said "entering directoy blah blah
blah"
"nothing to be done"
"leaving directory blah blah blah" over and  over but stating different
directories of course :)
    Then  I try make modules_install and the output is similar to make
modules except this is at  the end of the output>>
cd /lib/modules/2.4.0; \
mkdir -p pcmcia; \
find kernel -path '*/pcmcia/*' -name '*.o' | xargs -i -r ln -sf ../{}
pcmcia
if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map  2.4.0; fi
/sbin/depmod: invalid option -- F
Usage: depmod [-e -s -v ] -a [FORCED_KERNEL_VER]
       depmod [-e -s -v ] MODULE_1.o MODULE_2.o ...
Create module-dependency information for modprobe.

  -a, --all                  visit all modules
  -d, --debug                run in debug mode
  -e                         output unresolved symbols
  -i                         ignore symbol versions
  -m, --system-map <file>    use the symbols in <file>
  -s, --system-log           use the system log for error reporting
      --help                 display this help and exit
  -v, --verbose              run in verbose mode
  -V, --version              output version information and exit
make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1
[root at omhan1 linux]#
    Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone  know what  might
be  causing it?

            Thank you,Gary Martin