[olug] can't find root parition

Chad S. Lauritsen csl at plconline.com
Mon Feb 26 16:50:08 UTC 2001

things look right to me. Have you tried adding an append line to the
kernel that worketh not? such as

append="root=/dev/hda1"

I know it shouldn't make a difference. Does the kernel have the code
compiled in for the filesystem you're using?

I know, desperate grasping at straws, both suggestions.

Chad

Mike Hostetler wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:21:52 -0600 (CST) Mike Hostetler <Mike Hostetler <thehaas at binary.net>> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >
> > Here is a copy of my lilo.conf.  Can anyone give me some
> > pointers??
> >

> and the attachment disappeared . . . . here is a non-attached version
>
> # LILO configuration file
> # Start LILO global Section
> # If you want to prevent console users to boot with init=/bin/bash,
> #  restrict usage of boot params by setting a passwd and using the option
> #  restricted.
> #password=bootpwd
> #restricted
> append="vga=0x0301"
> boot=/dev/hda
> #compact       # faster, but won't work on all systems.
> vga=normal
> read-only
> menu-scheme = Wg:kw:Wg:Wg
> lba32
> prompt
> timeout = 80
> message = /boot/message
> # End LILO global Section
> #
> image = /boot/vmlinuz
>   root = /dev/hda1
>   label = Linux
>
> # in case I mess up
> image = /boot/vmlinuz.old
>   root = /dev/hda1
>   label = old
>
> # SuSE's default, in case all things go wrong
> image = /boot/vmlinuz.suse
>   root = /dev/hda1
>   label = suse
> --
> Mike Hostetler
> thehaas at binary.net
> http://www.binary.net/thehaas
> GnuPG key: http://www.binary.net/thehaas/mikeh.gpg
>
> "What good is having someone who can walk on water if you don't follow
> in his footsteps?"

Chad Lauritsen                          | 1000 N 2nd Ave
System Administrator                    | Logan, IA 51546
Perfection Learning Corporation         | 712-644-2831 Ext 223