[olug] VIM help

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Mon Feb 19 20:15:25 UTC 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 01:32:40PM -0600, Sam Deel wrote:
> Rado, I am reading from a book and not in vi at the moment.  Global
> commands start with :g so the idea would be
>
> :g/pattern/d

Sam had a much better answer, but at least mine is a decent example of scripting
in vim.  I love that part of vim . . . Lisp-fans, eat your heart out . . .

For more info, type ":help function" while in vim.  They have a couple really
good examples there.  You really have to go through a lot of the help files
to find things, but it is worth it . . . .

Mike