[olug] Software RAID supported by Linux 2.4

Mike Peterson mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Thu Dec 20 20:03:02 UTC 2001

I have 2 systems running Redhat 7.2 with ext3(journaling FS) and RAID1(Software RAID) on
Pentium 233 MHZ, 128 MB RAM IDE HD's.

My question is that if the primary master or slave drive goes down has anyone found the documentation on how to rebuild that mirrored drive.
I have worked with Software RAID on SCO and currently have Hardware IDE RAID running on NT 4.0, SCO, and Linux.
I know that if the primary master goes down I should be able to switch the slave to the master after removing the master and be back on line.
I am looking for someone who has already replaced a drive using Linux Software RAID1 or has looked up the info and can share the links to the steps to perform.
I am working on building a system to test the rebuild procedure on.