@home

Phil Brutsche phil at giedi.obix.com
Wed Aug 22 16:40:52 UTC 2001

> A basic security orientation (booklet or something) for new cable
> modem/dsl users would be great to see also.

Perhaps.

I don't know if you've ever done end-user tech support but even the
simplest things confuses the hell out of John Q Public.  And that includes
trying to convince them *why* security is important.

All too often I've heard "But why should I care if my computer gets
hacked?  There's nothing important on it."

Phil