[olug] What distro next?

brian at bstc.net brian at bstc.net
Mon Aug 20 16:56:30 UTC 2001

oh, BTW... for a real solid mail server, I use qmail with alot of the inter7
applications ( qmailadmin/sqwebmail/courier imap/vpopmail ) These are mainly
for a virtual hosting type setup, but have found that the web frontends
 qmailadmin/sqwebmail ) and the authentication methods ( vpopmail/courier
imap) are very solid and easy to work with. vpopmail worls out great if you
do not have a need of a local user account. the imap server can authenticate
against a wide variety of sources ( as well as the webmail peice ) such as
unix accounts, userdb, LDAP, *sql, or you can even write a custom authdaemon
if needed. oh, and for pop3 I use the pop3 daemon that qmail supplies.