[olug] Sendmail is making a fool of me.... help

Phil Brutsche phil at giedi.obix.com
Sat Aug 18 02:34:32 UTC 2001

> No joy,
> telnet'ing to 25 gets me a "connection refused" error.
> My problem appears to be getting sendmail to bind to port 25 for the
> external IP address.

The we'll need to find out where that's defined in sendmail.cf.  On a
client's computer (RH 7.0 with sendmail) there are these lines:

O DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E

The DaemonPortOptions option controls what listens on what port on what
address.

What values do you have for DaemonPortOptions?

Phil