[olug] cd burner software

Jon thechunk at thechunk.dhs.org
Thu Aug 16 01:59:42 UTC 2001

This has probably been answered already but here is what I use.

I setup my ide drive to use the ide-scsi device and use cdrecord and mkisofs. There is a very good howto on linuxdoc that describes the setup.

One really cool program already with linux is dd.  Using it you can make a perfect iso image ready to use with cdrecord.  The other tool I use often is mkisofs.  It lets you turn a directory structure into an iso image ready for use with cdrecord.

-Jon