[olug] 3d with nVidia cards

Nick Paul nick at creighton.edu
Tue Aug 14 03:03:33 UTC 2001

I've had this problem too, it seems to be common with nvidia's drivers.
The easiest way to fix it is to use the xgamma command before starting
your game (or other OpenGL aplication). You'll need to experiment a
little to find the brightness that you like, and then you can setup a
simple shell script to change the brightness every time you start the
game, and change it back when you're finished. This is what I use:

xgamma -gamma 1.8
sof-demo
xgamma -gamma 1.0

On a somewhat related note, I just saw on linuxgames.com that Loki has
filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. I hope this isn't the end for them.

Nick