[olug] NFS & @Home Networking

tetherow at nol.org tetherow at nol.org
Tue Aug 7 16:04:53 UTC 2001

You will want to use
route add -host 1.2.3.4 dev eth0
and
route add -host 1.2.4.23 dev eth0
on each host (first is alice, second is bob).  The reason being you
would now not be able to contact anything else with a 1.2.3.0 or
1.2.4.0 network address since they are all routed to broadcast ether
instead of going to the gateway and out onto the network.

Sam Tetherow                           tetherow at nol.org
Director of Development
NIC Labs (IDG)                         http://www.nicusa.com