[olug] Web Hosting (in Omaha?)

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Mon Apr 30 17:12:43 UTC 2001

Binary Net ( www.binary.net ) in Lincoln is FreeBSD based and fulfills most
if not all of your requirements.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Larsen [mailto:jlarsen at cas-online.com]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 11:40 AM
To: olug at bstc.net
Subject: [olug] Web Hosting (in Omaha?)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a web hosting company, preferably in the Omaha area.  It
would be nice if it is linux based (as my current one is).

Here are my pre-requisites:

Apache
PHP
MySQL
FTP
Shell
100 MB HD Space
10 email accounts
   The ability to use PHPNuke
   Telephone tech support

Reasonably priced (currently paying $9.95)

Any ideas?

Heck, I'll build my own machine and support it myself if needed as long as
I can get a static IP without the costs of installing a DSL/Cable modem and
paying through the nose (ie. Cox at Work)

I'm currently running a site for our local anime group,
www.animesunday.org.  Two weeks ago, the MySQL server went down, crippling
our site.  All of my email messages to the support address have gone
unanswered. It's not a high traffic site, only local members.  It's running
PHP nuke, like OLUG, to announce meeting schedules, events, etc for the
local club.

Jon L.
----
Jon Larsen