[olug] Next Meeting

jferguson3 at home.com jferguson3 at home.com
Fri Sep 29 23:12:45 UTC 2000

Kevin Flanagan wrote:

> Here's my 2 cents ;')
>
> I don't like weekend meetings, I'd prefer a weeknight, but it's a group, do
> what works for the majority.
>
> I think that a central area would work best for a lot.  Although it's not
> really central, I bet I could get a conference room for the meeting out at
> Chalco, I think that it's a bit closer to middle ground than Bellevue or
> North West Omaha.
>
> I strongly agree with the structure bits, it doesn't have to be too
> structured, just a bit.  That way we might be able to get some vendors a
> little easier.  The NT UG that I go to has a different vendor every month,
> they buy pizza too, part of the deal.  I expect that this group wouldn't
> want, or have takers, from a lot of vendors, but it doesn't hurt to try a
> little bit.
>
> I think that the attention to an easier topic for part of the meeting is
> good.  There's things, that many of us just don't bother to take the time to
> figure out, the example of making MP3s is a good one.
>
> That's my $.02, FWIW.
>
> Kevin

I know what you mean, but as I said, if we keep the main meeting on a weekend
and SIGs during the week, it might work better.  But again, majority rules. It
would just have to be a night that didnt conflict with college classes (even if
Im taking this semster off, Im back in in January).

I wouldnt mind the pizza bit either ;)

Jason