[olug] Next Meeting

Matt Payne payne at acm.org
Fri Sep 29 15:28:57 UTC 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, John Kennedy wrote:

> jferguson3 at home.com wrote:
> >
> > I need information on the next meeting so that I can get Flyers made up.
> > I need topics, time, and meeting location.
> >

> I think Last Avenue worked for those who showed up.  Give me a date and
> I can get it set up.
> I also got the impression from some people that the meetings should get
> a little more formal with someone "in charge" and a definite topic.  I
> agree with that.  I also think that would give Linux its self a bit of a
> more "professional" image to have somewhat structured meetings.
> Just a thought....

This would be a very good thing.

How about having a planning group that handles these kinds of details?
A planning group would take input from the group, work out logistics,
recruit speakers, make sure meeting have an MC, etc.  An advantage of
a planning group is people can come and go but the work still gets done.

Jason F, John K, & Brian R are the defacto planning group right now
(IMHO).  Brian you seem busy with work and life.  I suggest you invite
others to join the planning group and things will get much better....

--Matt Payne, payne at acm.org