[olug] firewall dump

mesc mescie at home.com
Sun Sep 24 23:10:54 UTC 2000

I've read the hexedit and ascii  man pages and what Mark said  make
sense but my backspace key won't delete the previous character like the
man page says,anyway  I've read emacs help and I found out that
Control+m will delete a line.So I opted  to go that route what I didn't
count on was there being _200,000_+ lines in that file! That's right
200,000 +.I'm up to 228,400 and I'm at 99% of the length of  it I
realize there are more efficient ways of doing this but as I am clueless
when it comes to this sort of thing all I can do (besides this) is ask
questions and try your  replies. I'll  let you know how it goes.

            Thanks again,Gary Martin