[olug] EOF error

mesc mescie at home.com
Fri Sep 22 16:55:42 UTC 2000

I'm having a problem with my firewall script.It  doesn't prevent it
from working  or starting it just gives this annoying error message at
bootup>/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall: line  157:syntax error: unexpected end of
file...the actual script ends at line 155 but 2 lines further on is a $
character that I didn't write that must be causing the unexpected EOF
error.But it can't be deleted.It doesn't show until I scroll past  it
then the cursor just gets a tab space away from it (While trying to
backspace it) when the cursor starts backspacing again on the right,on
the same line.Without deleting the $ character (it just goes right past
it)........"scratching head"I hope I explained it well enough to be
understood.Anyone have any idea what's  going on?

                Thank you,Gary Martin