[olug] Linux in a Nutshell

Paul.McNally at dtn.com Paul.McNally at dtn.com
Fri Sep 15 04:19:25 UTC 2000

 It's just the same picture of the horse's head, Paul.  Whatever you like
about that, you might want to keep to yourself!  :)

The book is about doubled in size over the first edition. That's
what I looked at. I didn't have time to look thru the contents
(dern it) to see what has been changed/included. I'm guessing more
distro specific info.

Of course there are always the man pages, but I like both. The
book usually gives a great example of each command. The examples
are useful in that they will list the command and important flags
in the right syntax. The problem I have with the man pages,
esp the longer winded ones, is finding the tags I need and then
figuring out where they go - "command -flags source destination".
When I see the example, I have a much better idea of how to use
the commands, then I have time to figure out how to use them together. The

book is a good resource to use in addition to the man pages,
info and how-to's listed with each distro and on the net.

Thanks for the lead in Vincent.