[olug] Which Distribution

m0ntar3 at home.com m0ntar3 at home.com
Thu Oct 26 19:43:38 UTC 2000

	At around $2 per distribution, why not try as many as you can possibly stand?
I've got a RH6.2 CD you can have.. If you have this space and bandwidth you can
download almost any distr., try as many as you possible can, heck try 'em all.

	Debian and Redhat are sort of polar opposites. RedHat has more money, but with
that comes commercial pressure, which means the potential to skew the "Open
Source" ideal. Debian has hardly any money, and is fanatic about staying true to
Free Software.

	My first installation of Linux was Debian off 8 boot floppies. If you're going
to spend the time to learn Linux, learning Debian first would enable you to use
any Linux distribution later on down the road. Or any *BSD for that matter..