[olug] ident

mesc mescie at home.com
Sat Oct 21 17:20:52 UTC 2000

I did the netstat -nl --tcp and port 113 is listening along with port 6000
for X and port 1107 which I have no idea what that port is used for.But you
may have put me on to something with  the nslookup.One being Server:
proxy1.omhaw1.ne.home.com and the other being Name:
cx224760-a.omhan1.ne.home.com,the difference of course is one is a proxy and
the 2nd has my computer name so their not the same could that be my
problem?....and if so how hard is it to fix?

            Thank you,Gary Martin

P.S.I have 2 auth lines in inetd.conf with the original line commented out
while I make my changes to the copied 2nd line.It couldn't be reading  the
commented line too could it?