[olug] website facelift.. AGAIN

Mark A. Martin mmartin at amath.washington.edu
Fri Oct 20 08:46:00 UTC 2000

I'd like to second (or third?) the comment about the banner.  The
current mostly blank banner takes up a good chunk of real estate but
serves no purpose (yet).  Otherwise, the new design is very sleek and
professional and it looks like you invested a lot of effort, Brian.
Thanks for working so hard to make a nice home for us!

By the way, with the news and comment facilities on the web, I was
wondering if you were expecting some (or all) of the list activity to
move to the web.  I was also curious about the "Past Articles" section.
Is the idea to start writing a series of articles?  Is your intention to
have the current article in the middle of the home page followed by
comments?  Otherwise, the large blank area in the middle of the home
page is also a waste of space.

Is there (or will there be) a place on the site that allows someone to
join the mailing list (with appropriate instructions)?  Or is the web
site going to replace the list?

Maybe you spelled all of this out before and I just missed it.  Or maybe
the site is still evolving.  If so, many apologies.  I really like the
new design but just don't understand what the grand plan for all of it
is.

Mark
Mark A. Martin					Dept of Applied Mathematics
http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin	University of Washington