[olug] One Possible Topic

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Wed Oct 11 23:22:02 UTC 2000

> And it's easy: "Tunneling X Over SSH" but I'm clueless about it..

Tunnelling X over ssh "just works" when you have the right software
installed on the system you're connecting to and sshd is configured right
:)

All you need is the program "xauth" from your local XFree86 distribution
and these lines in sshd_config (in the directory /etc/ssh on my computer):

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

"There are two things that are infinite; Human stupidity and the universe.
And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein