[olug] MaxOS & Installfest

Aaron Grothe grothe at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 11 07:22:14 UTC 2000

Hey,

Has anybody played with MaxOS at all yet?  It claims to be the easiest
distribution ever.  It sounds like it is supposed to automagically
repartition your windows drive do all the detection and so on.  If it does
the repartioning automagically that would be tremendous for some people.
I'll probably burn an image sometime this weekend.

I'm not asking for me, I'm a hardcore user :-), I'm running Rock on my
server at work right now, compiled from raw sources.  However if MaxOS does
work it might be interesting to make it available at the installfest.  Along
with Mandrake and so on.

On the installfest, how does that work?  Do we offer to install any version
or just the easier ones like Corel/Mandrake?  If we tend to pick one
distribution I'd tend to favor Mandrake as it seems to be the best handoff
between power users and the average home user.  If we chose one or two we
could get some disks from cheapbytes or LinuxCentral pretty easily and make
them available at the installfest.

Regards,

Aaron
=====
"The Journey is the Reward" - Steve Jobs