[olug] Cox At Home

Kevin Flanagan kflanagan at home.com
Mon Oct 2 22:35:47 UTC 2000

Paul,

	I used to run linux as a firewall, I got a netgear RT311 for $120
delivered.  It's good, not as many features, but it's quiet and has zero
moving parts.  It does NAT and port forwarding.  If you need space, quiet or
lack of heat, you should look at this or the Dlink equivelant.

	One of my co-workers uses a linux box as a firewall, he just checks logs
and adds the scanning hosts to the deny list, then their packets get dropped
on the floor ;')

	I'd not let on to the installer about using the system as a firewall, maybe
remove the second card, or do the connections yourself.

	If I'm not mistaken any kind of sharing of the connection is against
policy.

	Kevin