[olug] X permissions

mesc mescie at home.com
Mon Oct 2 09:26:26 UTC 2000

Sorry if this messsage was posted twice.I posted it  from linux last
night but I don't think I have pine configured right as far as recieving
mail,it only sends it so I don't know if my message was posted last
night or if it got any replies.
    Anyway while poking around last night trying to get my x windows to
run again I ran across 3 files/symbolics links that were flashing in red
in the /proc/6 directory called root,exe and cwd..I hesistated to call
them symbolic links because they don't have the @ symbol behind them
like all other symbolic links do.I tried to remove them (as root) but I
got the message can't unlink <file> I then tried chattr -i <file> with
no luck.I hope I did that right.I don't know if removing them will solve
my x windows trouble but they need to be removed,any other ideas?
    I also found a symbolic link called S80nfslock in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
that I know I didn't put there.I removed it and that cured my bootup
message about nfslock being unable to connect.

            Thank you,Gary Martin