[olug] Cox At Home

Jay Woods woodsjay at home.com
Mon Oct 2 13:58:32 UTC 2000

Originally, Cox set up my machine (using Windows 95) as if it were a direct
connection to the internet. This made it easy to LILO over to linux and do
whatever I was competent to do. After Windows 95 packed it in and 98 was
installed, they wanted to set it going thru the Cox firewall. This was objected
to and they guided me thru the direct connection method. Again, after getting
comfortable (using Lin4Win) with the new installation process, it was easy to
get linux networking. No complains have ever been received from Cox. ---Jay