[olug] multiple OS's On 2 disks

Chad S. Lauritsen csl at plconline.com
Tue Nov 28 19:05:21 UTC 2000

if you have the appropriate root=/dev/hdxx for rh and suse, do you also
have appropriate image=/boot/name-of-kernel-image for each distribution.
I don't know if they would necessarily be different, but I would guess
there's a good chance they are. Make sure you know what the image
filename is for each before you re-run lilo.

not me wrote:

> I have a 4 gig with win 98 on it (hda) and another 30 gig drive with
> redhat 7 and suse on it and i want to put more on it but i cannot get
> lilo to boot 3 OS'S.  I can get it to boot windows and redhat or windows
> and suse .  but i cannot get it to boot all 3 .... Of course i'm not
> trying to get them booted at the same time .  What I want is to have
> them all available to me ........ Is there a way to do this?
> Yesterday when i hit the tab key I had all 3 but only 2 would boot ...
> so I checked the lilo.conf file and found that the one that was supposed
> to boot redhat was also pointing to the partition that suse was on so i
> changed the hda8 to hda6 where redhat is and it still would not boot
> any ideas?
> Nate

Chad Lauritsen                          | 1000 N 2nd Ave
System Administrator                    | Logan, IA 51546
Perfection Learning Corporation         | 712-644-2831 Ext 223

The half wit does not know that gold  Makes apes of many men:
One is rich, one is poor,  There is no blame in that. --The Hávamál