[OLUG] mail configuration

tetherow at nol.org tetherow at nol.org
Wed May 17 21:16:42 UTC 2000

On 17 May, Quinn Coldiron wrote:
> I have an ADSL line with a dedicated IP that is used as a web server/mail
> server.  The ISP setup the MX entries in its DNS so mail gets routed correctly
> and I have sendmail setup just fine, but now I want to add a virtual host to
> the system.  I have the DNS entries setup and the MX entries added so that all
> mail for company B gets to the box and I have sendmail setup to accept the
> mail, but when I send mail from this system it comes out as user at companyA.com
> instead of user at companyB.com.
>
> Anybody good at sendmail configurations?

If you want all outgoing mail from the machine to say it comes from
companyB.com you need to add

MASQUERADE_AS(companyB.com)

to your mc file and then regen your sendmail.cf.  If you are a glutton
for punishment and would rather hand edit your sendmail.cf file you
need to modify/add the DM line to be

DMcompanyB.com

Sam Tetherow                           tetherow at nol.org
Director of Development