[OLUG] ipv6 addresses available

puzzled puzzled at home.com
Tue May 9 03:59:21 UTC 2000

           Who here would like an ipv6 address block to play with?  I've been working with Jamie
Saker at Pensat to get a Cisco 7120 connected to the 6bone. It is running as of this afternoon and
we're looking for about 20 more people to sign up for blocks so Pensat can become a top level
provider.

         If you want a block you'll need a linux box or Cisco router connected with a static public
ipv4 address. You'll have to build a kernel that will handle ipv6 (takes five minutes to config on
redhat plus compile time for the new kernel) and there are some packages that need to be updated.
The connection method is via a GRE tunnel so there is no physical circuit involved ... think of it
as a VPN connection that gives you some serious bragging rights.

           I've done the kernel update and loaded new packages such that I can talk to Cisco routers
running ipv6. I've also loaded the software on Cisco 25xx and 7120 series routers. There appears to
be pretty broad support for ipv6 on Cisco and I'll help set that up, too, if you have one but aren't
sure how to configure for ipv6.

        If you think this is something you might want to get involved in email me here or call me at
work 402-575-3000.

                                                                    Neal